Sherri Cortland, ND
Spiritual Growth Accelerator
Through Automatic Writing, Sherri Cortland channels and shares information communicated by her Guide Groups in her books and workshops with the express intention of providing tools that you can use to (1) expedite your spiritual growth and complete your “To Do” list for this incarnation with less drama and pain; and (2) increase your vibrational level and positive energy output to make the completion of the Shift easier for everyone and for our planet.
“With my first book, “Windows of Opportunity,” I officially came out of the “New Age Closet” and announced to the world that not only do I believe in such things as reincarnation, Karma, and life after death, but I channel information about these subjects (and more!) from my guides on the other side of the veil. With the completion of the manuscript for my second book, “Raising Our Vibrations for the New Age,” I was resolutely out of that closet! My third book “Spiritual Toolbox,” was released in 2013, and “Guide Group Fridays“ is being released in early 2015.
I’ve been in the business world since I was 15 years old, starting with McDonalds during high school, and working my way up the corporate ladder from secretary to Director of Specialty Sales. While working full-time, I took college classes at night and earned traditional degrees in English and Communications. After years of dealing with the same health complaints, I wanted to find out what was causing them instead of continually just treating the symptoms, and that led me to study herbology and naturopathy. I started my journey with Rosemary Gladstar’s herbology course and later earned an ND degree from the Clayton College of Natural Health.
I’ve always had an unquenchable thirst for all things metaphysical and frequently raided my Mother’s bookshelf for her books about reincarnation, Karma, numerology, and “life after death.” A friend introduced me to Shirley Maclaine’s “Out on a Limb” when it first came out, and that was it, I was off on my own personal search for the truth! I attended psychic development classes during the 1980?s and it was during one of those classes that I first began to channel through automatic writing.
My first major metaphysical influences were Ruth Montgomery and Shirley Maclaine, because they risked their reputations to bring new and important information to the world. They gave me information and direction when it came to my own search and spiritual growth. Dolores Cannon is also high up on my list of influences with her “Convoluted Universe” series.
Business-wise, Marlo Thomas was a huge influence for me. She wasn’t just “That Girl,” she was “The Girl” when it came to taking care of business! She was in total control of her show and that was virtually unheard of for a woman at that time in history. She inspired me to continually push the envelope, and for that I am forever grateful.”
- Sherri was born in New York State in 1957, and moved to Florida in 1991. Sherri resides in Orlando, Florida with her husband, Ted Dylewski.
- In the late 1980’s, while working on her B.A. in Communications at Mount St. Mary College, Sherri began taking psychic development classes in Monticello, New York. It was during one of these classes that her Spirit Guide, Jeremy, first made contact through Automatic Writing. Sherri has been conversing with Jeremy and other Spirit Guides through Automatic Writing for more than two decades. In the early 90’s, Sherri studied Herbology with Rosemary Gladstar, and went on to earn a Doctor of Naturopathy degree from the Clayton College of Natural Health in 1998.
- “Windows of Opportunity” was Sherri’s first published book, “Raising your Vibrations for the New Age” is her second, and “Spritual Toolbox” is her third. She is currently working on vegetarian cookbook.
- Sherri is the Orlando Metaphysical Columnist for Examiner.Com. She publishes new articles twice a week. A complete list of her articles and links to them can be found at: http://www.examiner.com/metaphysical-in-orlando/sherri-cortland
- Sherri contributes articles to Hubpages.com and SelfGrowth.com.
- Sherri is the Director of Specialty Sales for a large vacation resort in Orlando, Florida, where she writes sales training workshops and customer service classes for sales professionals and sales support staff.
- Other published work: Writer/travel articles for “I Love Orlando” magazine, Writer and Editor of “Periwinkle Perspectives” & “Spotlight on Stewart” newsletters, Editor “Shadow Raven Comic Book, Writer/Freelance Advertising.
- Sherri is a member of the Master-Toasters, a Toastmasters, International club in Orlando, Florida and served as President of the club in 2011.
- Traditional Education:B.A. in Communications (Mt. St. Mary College, Newburgh, NY)
A.A. in English (Orange County Community College, Middletown, NY)
- Professional Experience:Director of Specialty Sales/Westgate Resorts/Orlando, FL
Director of Public Relations/Periwinkle National Theatre for Young Audiences/Monticello, NY & Manhattan
Vice President/Orange County Life & Health Agency/Middletown, NY
Customer Service Manager/New England Laminates/Walden, NY
Marketing Coordinator & Manager of Agency Sales/Stewart Airport/Newburgh, NY